2013 in Months


Best Stationary


I am in love with stationary; I literally have this completely weird obsession with it. Here I made a collage of some of my most favourite images of stationary that I found on Pinterest. I also really like how some of them are styled to take the photograph and how they include other things you would have in your workspace.

I really like the image with the glasses and mug as well as the stationary, it just looks perfect. And the one with the collage of pictures on the wall - that is such a good idea to stick inspirational pictures near your workspace.

I really want to own like all of this stationary and this will give me ideas for making my workspace look perfect. You can find more ideas and inspiration for stationary and workspaces on my Pinterest.

images | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9


This is my November 2013 mixtape, which includes all the songs I am currently loving a lot.  It also includes some of my favourite bands and some other artists that are new to me.



You can check out more of the music I love on my Music Pinterest board. I hope you like this playlist too; it has lots of different types of music on it that I am just loving at the moment. Check out the 8tracks playlist here

You can CLICK on each artists name to go to their website.
  1. LUCY SPRAGGAN
  2. AER
  3. JOHN NEWMAN
  4. SCOUTING FOR GIRLS
  5. JOYCE JONATHAN
  6. BASTILLE
  7. THE VAMPS
  8. ALEX CLARE
  9. ONEREPUBLIC
  10. KODALINE
What have you been listening to this month?



BASTILLE GIG

And on the note of music, I wanted to share with you an amazing experience I had recently going to a BASTILLE gig when they came to play a gig near me:


A couple of nights ago, I went with some of my mates to see BASTILLE do a concert.  If you don't know who Bastille is, look them up now.  OMG, they were BRILLIANT. They were literally AMAZINGLY PERFECT. They are also my FAVOURITEST BAND if you didn't already know that. They played all of the songs from their album and some old ones. They even played a couple of songs that they had learnt whilst on tour.

The whole of the crowd you could tell were enjoying it immensely and everyone was dancing.  There were two support acts as well - Bipolar Sunshine and To Kill A King.  They were okay too, which is always good, because it gets the crowd really excited for the main band.

I tried to take loads of photos and made a collage of the best here for you, but that was probably the best concert I have ever been to and they were much better live than on the album too.


Do you like BASTILLE?

My Desk is a Construction Site




Today I had a specially messy desk and thought you would like to see what I regularly have living there.  My work space is just that the place I can always work and has all the things on it that would be useful for any circumstances.

My desk looks like this at the moment, because I am in the process of making jewellery and sewing and looking through my button collection, so it is a bit of a construction site at the moment.


Some of the  items that live on my desk, I have labeled here - 

1.  Laptop - this is something that everyone should own if they want to do anything on a computer, specifically because it is portable.

2.  Sewing kit - this is my travel sewing kit that has all the little things you might need in.  I got it as a present from Cath Kidston, which is one of my favourite shops, but I hardly ever go there.

3.  Pencil case - in here I keep my USB sticks, all my pens and pencils, scissors, a rubber and ruler and a pencil sharpener.  The actual pencil case I made using some Cath Kidston fabric I had, which was quite difficult, but I liked the finished product.  I need to do a tutorial for this too!

4.  Sewing box - this stays at home and has thread, needles, buttons and everything else you need in it too.

5.  Button collection - I have a lot of buttons I have to admit and I am in love with them all, but I do need to actually get into the habit of using them and not just storing them.
6.  Mobile - this has all the essential apps on it and is obviously my way of contacting everyone.

7.  Paper and pen - this is essential for everyone and I don't ever not have some pen and paper with me all the time, because you just never know when you might want to jot something down that you might forget.

8.  Jewellery pliers - One a the most helpful things I have recently bought, because I have been buying bits to make jewellery and couldn't make the jewellery without them, I am now using them a lot of the time.

9.  Some creations - Here is some felt hair slides and brooches and some gift tags that I put on them that I have made.  I am hoping to do a 'how to' for these, I just need to remember my camera when I'm making them.

10.  Trusty cuppa - I love my cups of tea: they always relieve me of headaches and stress and warm me up when I get really cold.

Antiques Market Visit


The other I went to our local antique market and was so amazed by all the beautiful stuff in there, I just had to take a few photos. Well, maybe a bit more than that.

Anyway here's an assortment of my pictures that I took ranging from items like a radio to a rail of clothes.  I just really loved all the old fashioned and vintage things I found. Hope you all like them and please tell me what you think of them.


How to Make Earrings


I've been making small silver stud earrings for a small business at school so I wanted to show you exactly how I make them so that you could make them too. I always really enjoy making them even though they are pretty fiddly and you have to be very careful to get them right so they look perfect. So here is how I go about making them:

ONE // Find as many little buttons that you like as you possibly can.
TWO // Buy the studs to go on the backs of the earrings and the super glue to stick them together.
THREE // Put down some blue tack and stick the earring posts into the blue tack.
FOUR // Put some glue on to the post and add the button carefully to the top.
FIVE // Use pegs instead of using blue tack, if you don’t have any blue tack.
SIX // Leave them for a couple of hours to dry.
SEVEN // Store them by attaching them to felt so they won't get lost.
EIGHT // Store them in small plastic containers, but make sure they are completely dry first or they will stick together.
NINE // Design a nice small display card or package to put your earrings in, so they look fabulous when it comes to giving them as presents or selling them.

I think the packaging is the most important thing when it comes to selling a product like earrings because the packaging can show off your brand, ways to contact you and other important information, whilst looking gorgeous and attracting customers.

Craft Shopping


The other day I visited this gorgeous little craft shop that I didn't even know existed until the day before. Anyway, it's really small and therefore hard to find, but inside it's sooo cosy and just full of everything you could need to make absolutely anything you wanted, so obviously I had to get at least something.


I did! The lady who runs it gives you a little bowl to put anything you want to buy in (I almost filled mine). So I picked up some lovely big painted buttons and brooch backs so I could make them into brooches. Then I got a little cog pendant and pretty attachment for it too - they look completely amazing. And I haven't even got my ears pierced yet (next birthday hopefully) and I got the attachments to make hanging earrings and little silver buttons to hang off them too.


The shop if you are wondering is called Raphael Crafts. I have already visited a couple more times after that and found that her ribbon, which she sells on lovely little cards, is so much cheaper than anywhere else and she has loads of different designs too.


Do you know of any little craft shops?


Hannah x


Side note: This is my first ever post from this blog and I like to keep it on my site as a reminder of how far I've come in terms of design, blogging and content quality. I now blog about life, blogging, design and music, so don't be surprised if this is a one of a kind post on my blog.

Popular Posts