March 2014: Oxfords/Brogues, Postivity + Vinyls


I am really liking brogues and oxfords at the moment, because I think that they are the sort of shoe accessory that will go with pretty much any outfit, but still look great.

My favourites


Some of the designs in this picture I particularly liked. I especially love the grey and yellow pair in the corner, because I just think that they look adorable and add a little pop of colour to the outfit. I also really like the mint coloured ones in the top line, because they are quite subtle but really different and stylish too.

Why they are the best smart-casual shoes


Go with everything:
They will go with any kind of outfit at all: be it a dress, skirt, shorts or jeans, oxfords and brogues will definitely fit the style.

Not too casual:
They are smart enough to wear to school or work and any smart dressing event. They are a really good option if you're not into wearing heals, but still want something smart and stylish.

Styles, colours and patterns:
They come in loads of different colours, styles and patterns, so you're sure to never wear the same pair as someone else and they can add a little bit of quirk to your outfit.

Comfortable:
They're definitely one of the comfiest styles of shoes. You can walk a long way in them and not feel like your shoes are wearing your feet out.

Not too smart:
They are casual enough to simply wear to go shopping or hang out with your friends and they won't stand out as though you've made an extra effort.

Which ones are your favourite?

Are there any places you'd recommend buying some?

1 | 2: Etsy | 3: Nasty Gal | 4: The Gifts of Life | 5: Sole Society6: Cole Haan | 7: ASOS | 8: Keep


These three quotes are my favourite quotes at the moment, because they really inspire positivity, which I think is really important. You should always have a positive vibe about you and to do this your best bet would be to hang around positive people and surround yourselves with a positive environment.

I haven't been doing this recently and it has really affected my mood and how I feel, so I would definitely advise you to be positive. I also really like the squiggly fonts that were used to make these pictures and I think they are really pretty.

Find more quotes here - WORDS

maybe | positivity | be the best you can be



I am really into vinyl and new albums at the moment since I got given an old record player, which I am having restored.


When it is restored though, I am going to be buying a lot of vinyl and thought I'd share some of the vinyl albums I really want to buy, because I am just in love with these bands and their music. At the moment my favourite band is B▲STILLE and I already own their album on CD, but I really want to own it on vinyl as well, because I think it would be nice to frame the cover and be able to play the alum. This applies to most of the other albums on list, although some of them I really want to get, because I think the design and look of the vinyl albums have turned out nicer than some of the CD albums and I am really into CD and vinyl cover designs as well.
  1. Kodaline - In A Perfect World
  2. Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More
  3. Arctic Monkeys - AM
  4. B▲STILLE - Bad Blood
  5. Haim - Days Are Gone
  6. CHVRCHES - The Bones Of What You Believe
  7. Daughter - If You Leave
  8. Of Monsters And Men - My Head Is An Animal
  9. Lorde - Pure Heroine
kodaline | m & s | am | B▲STILLE | haim | CHVRCHES | daughter | OMAM | lorde


I decided that I couldn't fit all of the vinyl albums I wanted on to one post so I decided to split it into two and show all of the albums. These ones are less of a priority, but a lot of these albums I would like, because they look great in vinyl and I would just quite like to own them, because I sort of know the artist and think they sound interesting.

This is why it isn't essential that I get all these ones. I do love Coldplay, London Grammar, Arctic Monkeys, Foster the People, and FUN. The others I am just more interested in and I'd really love the 'perks of being a wallflower album, because I read the book and thought it was absolutely brilliant and want to see what tracks they have made to fit with it.
  1. Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
  2. London Grammar - If You Wait
  3. Arctic Monkeys - Suck It And See
  4. The Perks Of Being A Wallflower Soundtrack
  5. Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
  6. Foster The People - Torches
  7. FUN. - Some Nights
  8. Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History
  9. Ellie Goulding - Halcyon

Instagram