21 June 2014

June 2014: TFIOS, TDCC + Messy Hair


Listen - Two Door Cinema Club are pretty much my favourite band at the moment. One of my favourite songs is What You Know, which is the first song of theirs that I found on a compilation album that I bought called Radioactive. I've found a brilliant playlist on 8tracks, which is just filled with all their best tracks. You can listen to the playlist here. More music is on my music pinterest board.

Quote - "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities" from The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. This is such a brilliant book that really makes you think, so I recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it. This quote is one of my favourites, because of the part it plays in the story line and I believe that some infinities can be bigger than others. It just depends on the people who there that makes one infinity more worth it than others. More fabulous quotes from this book can be found on my quotes pinterest board.


Design - type with picture inside (june) This type of design is my favourite at the moment. I just love the way you can choose any type of pictures to put inside of the writing which really adds to the image and brings across the words and message, but also I like the way this can then replace any image that you would normally have put the text on to. It's more or less like back to front design and I think it's brilliant. Some more ideas of this can be found on my font pinterest board.

Wear - high waisted shorts. I bought a new grey pair of high waisted shorts from h and m the other day and really love them. I found the idea loads on pinterest and have added some images to my fashion pinterest board. I think they can look good with shorter tops, shirts, leggings, tucked in tops, tight tops; and in every circumstance they seem to work, which I think is great.

Obsession - The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I've already read this book twice and am going to see the film tonight. I am sooo excited and am very almost definitely going to cry. The book really touched me and I was basically sobbing by the time I got to the end through both readings. I really hope the film lives up to the book, although I've already listened to the sound track and am in love with the artist and song choices that have been made. I am sooo obsessed with this, like too much.



Loving messy hair at the moment, I just love the way a picture doesn't, or even your own image, have to be perfect to still look beautiful. These images stood out most to me on Pinterest and really display the message of messy but lovely looking hair.

I think my favourite picture is the one of the blond girl with her hair caught on the hedge, because it really isn't how you plan to make a photo look 'perfect' but this photo has certainly turned out beautifully.

Also, I would love to have hair like the girl because I have short-ish blond-ish hair and am attempting to grow it out to look nice, but so far the effect is not as good as I had hoped - bit more growing to do first I think.

You can find more pictures of 'perfect' hair on my Pinterest board dedicated to just that. I had fun picking out the best images and putting them together in this little collage and I hope you love the images just as much as me.

What is your favourite hair style?