8 April 2015

On Having a Blogging Schedule


There are many different opinions and views about scheduling posts for blogs and I'm still not really sure where I stand on the whole matter to be honest but I do think that's its an interesting one and lots of people have written about it before.

  • Some people believe that you should post every single day without fail so as to keep your readers fully engaged all the time and not fail them.
  • Others say that you should blog consistently at a certain time of week or month so that readers know when you'll have new content.
  • Many go with quality over quantity so they will post whenever they have a post of a high enough standard.
  • Lots of bloggers I have seen attempt to have lots of high quality content very often which doesn't usually end very well.
  • But a considerable amount of them tend to end up blogging whenever they are inspired to and have the time and energy to do so.
I think that a nice medium of them all is what is needed. Blogging is supposed to be a passion for many people and writers, so why make it a chore and take all the fun out of it. If you are running out of ideas or are trying to live up to what you think that your readers want, stop for a moment and think about why you started blogging in the first place.

I know that I started blogging because I wanted to get to design my own website and I love writing anything and everything, so I thought that making my own blog would give me all that and it has. You should think about why you started blogging too and start there. If you are now only doing it for views or comments or press or to live up to some standard, is that really what you want: for your blog and its content to be controlled by anyone or thing other then you? I really doubt it. So take control again.

I tend to blog a few times a month and try and come up with helpful, new and interesting content for people to read every time I post so that I have good quality content. This is mostly because I am in the last year of high school and there is lots of revision and exams to be ready for, but I still do blog. This just shows you that it isn't necessary to blog too much or when you are already busy with other commitments.


Do you have a blogging schedule and how important do you think it is?