About a Band | Kodaline


Steve Garrigan (vocals), Vinny May (drums), Jason Boland (bass), Mark Prendergast (guitar)

How did I discover them? Have I seen them live? What is next for them?


I got given Kodaline's first album, In a Perfect World, when it first came out and immediately loved it. I really like good quality bands (and especially Irish ones) so of course I liked them. Then, just earlier this year I got their second album, Coming Up For Air, which they have recently been on tour for.

This album is just as good as the first even though their sound seems to have developed and changed, but I still love it. One of my favourite tracks on the second album is probably Honest, which was also the first single they released from the album.

I have seen them live when they went on tour for Coming Up For Air and they were amazing. I ended up behind a few tall people but in the end it didn't matter. They played loads of my favourite songs and the whole audience were singing along all the time, so that Steve didn't even need to at points.

Random fact:


Kodaline were originally know as 21 Demands until 2011 when they changed their name. Their song All I Want was released as part of the soundtrack for The Fault In Our Stars in 2014 and Perfect World is currently used as the theme tune for the Channel 4 show Gogglebox.

Why do I love this band?


I really love Kodaline because they are a proper Irish rock band which is definitely my favourite. I love both their albums and became even more obsessed with listening to them after I had been to see them live earlier this year. Seeing them live was really amazing and I loved the fact that the audience were all so into them because it meant that they knew all of the lyrics to a lot of the songs. When the audience knew all the lyrics to a song, Steve stopped singing and et us take over which was amazing and I could tell that he loved the fact we knew the words so well.

Some of my favourite of their songs include: Love Like This, All I Want and High Hopes because they have such great lyrics and the first two are more upbeat and good to dance along too, although I think that High Hopes was the first song by them which I discovered.

Check out their - Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | SoundCloud | Google+ | Spotify
Listen to a playlist of them - 8tracks Kodaline

Popular Posts