#1 | I Feel Hopeful at Last



This week I have suddenly had a brilliant confidence boost through a series of thorough emails from someone I aspire to be like and a TinyLetter I received this week, meaning that I finally feel hopeful for my creativity and writing. This explains why I’m even here and writing my very own TinyLetter which currently not even my mother is going to read, but the plan is that some people may discover and read this eventually, hopefully, fingers crossed.


I was almost at the point of giving up with the idea that I would be any good at writing at all and that maybe I should just allow myself to follow the generic and unrebel-like paths of education and careers when I got this sudden boost from some of my favourite creative people. Thankfully, I hadn’t got to that stage yet of fully giving up or I wouldn't even have been able to take on what I learnt and apply it.

When I thought I was done, I received an email from Violeta Nedkova asking for us to fill in a survey to help her figure out where she should focus her future content. I filled out the survey with an extremely negative attitude towards my creativity and displayed in every one of my answers in this survey. To my surprise, a couple of days later, I got a reply from Violeta with responses to every single one of my answers with details using simple honesty and faith. We emailed back and forwards a couple of times and I have never been so grateful to receive such amazing advice and encouragement for my creativity; her words are invaluable to me.


Violeta helped me to see that I can be capable of everything I want to be able to do if only I show up and do the work that is needed to reach my goals. She encouraged me that whatever it was I wanted to achieve I would be able to if I put focus into the single goal and gave my all thinking that I was capable even if I didn't really know it fully. :)


Meanwhile, I signed up to get Ruby Tandoh’s TinyLetter about the concept of waffles. Reading what she had to say about her life, food, waffles and even a recipe thrown in for good measure (I guess she is a chef) felt so honest and transparent and I genuinely thoroughly enjoyed reading it. This helped to show me that emails and writing don't have to be complicated, perfect or have any sense of structure or focus which has given me that confidence that I can be capable of writing things that people want to read too. Ruby didn't include anything revolutionary within her email but it still made me empathise and feel things which really is all that writing is meant to be about.


So… I have decided to start my own TinyLetter called The Overthinkers. It is going to be about anything and everything, but what I most want it to be is a completely see-through look at life as me, how I feel and what I think, hence the title “I feel hopeful”. I have also decided that I need to write down any ideas or thoughts I have that involve some kind of passion or inspiration so that they can become articles or emails.


Overall, I now feel hopeful for where I am going on my path and a little less worried about whether I am going to be able to finish my journey.


Much love,
Hannah

Photo by Martin Katler on Unsplash

Comments

Popular Posts