#2 | I Feel Nervous


I just landed myself two trial shifts at a bar and restaurant this week. I feel so happy that I have managed to get myself a trial shift and then maybe some work, however, I am extremely nervous and worried about the entire thing. This is because I have never done paid work before.



I don’t handle brand new situations particularly well, especially when it is mostly being controlled by someone else completely like it is with a paid job. I am the kind of person who wants to know exactly what’s going on in advance and be able to plan for different scenarios, making up whole conversations in my head even when I don’t really know what it will be like at all. This means that something completely different being added to my routine even if it is only two shifts a week becomes rather a big deal for me when it shouldn’t necessarily be.


On a positive note, I handled myself really when in the informal interview and managed to mostly get across what I wanted to be able to get from the job like hours and shifts. I must have portrayed myself very well to already be handed two trial shifts so at least that is something to be proud of, even if nothing comes of it in the end. Also, I could possibly end up making friends with some of my colleagues if I got the job which would be really cool because then I could make some new friends and enjoy my time working too.


Another new thing that I started yesterday is a free yoga class that I am going to with my mum. It was a really fun and interesting class and I came out feeling very calm and content even though so much of the new things in my life keeping worrying me. I am really glad we signed up for this class and can’t wait for next week’s class. Before the class, however, I was very nervous about going and not enjoying it or it being cancelled or hundreds of other scenarios but I shouldn’t have been worried because it was all okay.


So that’s the feeling that I am associating with this week. I am really nervous to start different and new things this year but I know that I will handle it and it will all be okay and that maybe I’ll even enjoy myself loads.


To feeling nervous,
Hannah

Photo by Sergey Zhesterev on Unsplash

Comments

Popular Posts