2017 in Months


Finishing the beginner's yoga course.
Seeing Murder On The Orient Express at the cinema with my grandparents.
Watching bands live including Wolf Alice, Nothing But Thieves, Scouting For Girls.
Celebrating my gran's 75th birthday with a tea party.
Going to a Christmas Carol Service.
Having two nights out with people who have come back from university.
Celebrating my 19th birthday.
Having Christmas at my Gran's with my Auntie's family.
Going for a holiday in Wales between Christmas and New year.
Being at home with all my family for new year's.

Photo by Ilia Strizhov on Unsplash


GOING to the cinema with my grandparents to see Victoria and Abdul.
GETTING my right helix pierced.
BEING sad that all of my friends have left for university by the end of September.
CELEBRATING my brother's 16th birthday.
GOING to the Big Gig for Girlguiding: Louisa Johnson, Jasmine Thompson, Etham, Ella Eyre, Pixie Lott, 5 After Midnight, Emma Blackery.
SEEING Nicky Abbott, Conrad Sounds, The Hoosiers, Real Friends, As It Is, Neck Deep, Louis Berry, Eliza and the Bear, Anteros, Clean Cut Kid, Stereo Honey, Marigolds, The Extons, The Night Cafe, Paris Youth Foundation, Island, Will Joseph Cook, The Islas, Dodie, Greta Isaac, Declan McKenna and Feet live.
MAKING a new friend that I've been to a couple of gigs with.
GETTING a job at a pub/restaurant.
STARTING a new yoga class with my mum.
VOLUNTEERING for Norwich Science Festival for 4 days over two weeks which was a really good experience.
MAKING the final stage of the recruitment process for a mental health volunteering position but not actually getting the position.

Photo by Nathana Rebouças on Unsplash


SEEING bands live: Vant, Black Shuk, We'll Be Dectectives:

I have a copy of Vant’s debut album, Dumb Blood, so was looking forward to seeing them play my favourite tracks at the intimate Waterfront Studio. The support acts are both Norwich based and full of energy. Black Shuk, an indie funk rock band, got the early crowd excited first with tracks from their recent EP, Inertia. Lead singer Harry Buxton’s presence on stage helped to engage the audience with a slick confidence throughout their set as they mixed up different genres. We’ll Be Detectives were up next; a more simply defined alternative rock band. Even with a quieter stage presence, they were successful in rocking the packed venue with songs like Somebody and Better Than Me.

As soon as Vant entered the room, the full studio seemed to erupt, ready for an energetic experience from the punk rock band. Mattie Vant, the band’s frontman, kept the crowd interested with a heavy beat to move to and strong political themes with songs like Peace & Love and Birth Certificate. After the last song, the crowd pleaded and chanted “one more song”, making Vant give us a final number; the room dancing and cheering to thank the band for a brilliant gig.
---
SORTING out my room.
---
VISITING the south of France and Spain on holiday.
---
GOING to Wales to visit family.
---
VOLUNTEERING at Latitude.
---
CELEBRATING finishing A levels and getting my results of ABB:

On the day of A level results, I went to sixth form at 9am to go and collect my results where I ended up bumping into my photographer friend who was there to photograph all of us finding out our A level results. When I opened my envelope, I found I had got an A in Maths, a B in Psychology and a B in Biology, wow! I also looked on UCAS Track at this point to find that I had got into the University of York to study Psychology in September 2018, even though I had missed out on the A in Psychology! I then spent a lot of time at school watching others open envelopes, celebrating the results they had got, and chatting about the university places they had achieved. 

In the evening of results day, I met up with some of my friends to go drinking and clubbing. This was only the second time I had been clubbing and we were going to a club that I hadn’t been to before because they had a special results day event for students. I really really enjoyed spending time with all of these friends and celebrating our results together by having fun and dressing up a little.
---
APPLYING for jobs and volunteering.
---
GETTING very interested in Tarot reading with the Labyrinthos Academy apps:

Only about a week ago, I discovered the set of apps by Labyrinthos Academy all to do with reading Tarot. I read about how the creator of Labyrinthos herself found using Tarot improved her wellbeing and she was able to get a clearer picture of where she had been and where she was headed using the Tarot cards. I have become very very interested in Tarot now I have discovered it and had found that being able to start my day by asking the Tarot cards a question and thinking deeply about the answer I receive helps to ground me and refresh myself for a new day.

---
STARTING to do some yoga using YouTube and Asana Rebel:

I am beginning to feel to benefits of daily exercise and I am only managing around 20 minutes a day of this yoga but I am starting to feel fitter and manage the exercises with more ease but still be healthy and get out of breath once a day. Me and my mum have also signed up to a yoga class for free which will be running once a week for 8 weeks for an hour so that should help to motivate both of us and to show me what doing it with an actual yoga instructor is like. Hopefully, I'll keep up the good work and my daily exercising.
---
SEEING Rise Up! An Exhibition of Paintings by David Mabb at Nunnsyard.







Add caption
















Elections

SEEING bands live: Rat Boy, Kooks, High Tyde, Fickle Friends, The Sherlocks, The Selector, The Beat, Nothing But Thieves, Airways, Cortes.
WATCHING a performance about refugees called We Meet In Paradise for the NNF17.
---
VOTING twice for the first time: local councillor elections and a general election:

When I turned 18 and could be a voting constituent, everyone older than me told me how empowering it would be to be able to put my very own cross in the box on a ballot paper and see how I had influenced a vote for my area. The first time I could vote was for the councillors and I chose to vote for the Green party because I felt that I strongly believed in all of their policies and that they had a good chance of winning a councillor seat where I lived.

Putting my cross in the box next to the Green party candidate for that vote, I hoped would leave me feeling like I had acted with what I believed in and there would be fireworks and celebration. Obviously, it wasn't quite like that, but it did feel good to know that I had used a right that had been given to me by the people of the suffragette movement 100 years ago. I think it is always important to remember with every vote in our country about the history of divisions in the voting system and how until not long ago it would only have been the richest men voting for matters that affect all of us.

There was a snap general election in June decided by Theresa May of the Tory party because she wanted to be able to have a bigger majority to make the UK's process through Brexit a little smoother for herself and her party so they could do it the way they wanted. Thankfully, this did not happen and I believe that is because of the most recent leader of the Labour party, Jeremy Corbyn, who brought his own beliefs to the table and showed a new perspective and way of life to the younger voters in the country.

In my constituency, the Conservative party won by only 500 votes, which shows that it is possible for Labour to do better and made the Conservative's lose a lot of confidence in themselves as a party. However, after all of this snap election mess, it has meant that the Brexit process has been slow and indecisive about the approach the country should take and what the people really voted for in the referendum last year.
---
GETTING new glasses.
WATCHING Coraline.
WINNING a giveaway from Sian Richardson of Fresh By Sian where I got some beautiful postcards, a book, and a notebook - wow!
LOVING an art exhibition called Rise Up! by David Mabb.
BEING bought a tiny cactus by mum.
HAVING my brother get 3 gold medals in a karate competition.
ENJOYING the beautiful sun.
WATCHING and HELPING at Pimp My Barrow 2017.
CELEBRATING two years with my boyfriend.
REVISING A LOT.
DOING my A level exams, eek.
CELEBRATING the end of exams with my first night out clubbing.
WINNING a psychology award at the leaver's assembly and loving my psychology teachers speech about me and my end of year sass and good humour to get me through.
GOING for a meal out with my grandparents to celebrate.
DOING thank you cards for all my favourite sixth form teachers and loving how they reacted.



Thinking Green.
SEEING bands live: Against the Current, Hunger, Crossing the Limits, Mallory Knox, Cabbage, Blossoms, Rory Wynne, Lonely the Brave, Fatherson, White Lies, Anteros, You Me At Six, Tonight Alive, Black Foxxes, Circa Waves, Magic Gang, Inheaven.
HAVING mock exams.
FINDING out when my real A levels exams will be.
DISCOVERING some really cool bloggers and artists.
WISHING I had more time.
LOVING a beautiful art gallery window display near where I live.
CELEBRATING Earth Day, the People's Climate March, and Fashion Revolution Week.
BUYING Weapons of Reason copies!!
READING Nous, Weapons of Reason, and Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway.
REVISING loads and loads and loads.
GETTING the new Circa Waves album on vinyl.
BEING able to wear spring clothes because it has finally warmed up.
TAKING lots of pictures on my way to and from the sixth form.
GOING for a walk in the countryside and on the coast.
LEARNING about the development plans for a falling-apart-shopping-centre which I live near.
WATCHING some good films.
ENJOYING a holiday to Swaledale.















CELEBRATED New Years Eve/Day with my mum and brother and lots of balloons being burst every half an hour til midnight.
FEELING cold as the weather gets cooler and it even snowed!
DOING progress point 3 at sixth form.
REALISING real A levels are much closer than I think.
THINKING up so many new ideas and projects but having to wait until after A levels to actually do them.
HAVING an overwhelming amount of homework.
GOING to York with my family and staying a night for a university visit day.
LISTENING to lots of different podcasts.
GOING on a visit day to Surrey University.
SAW Deaf Havana and Dead! live.
WATCHING a great webinar by Melyssa Griffin on mindset shifts.

Popular Posts