Soundtrack | Poem


I love music so being able to make this piece where music became the metaphor but also still stood for so much in and of itself was really cool. Hope you like the poem. Let me know what you think in the comments.



You're the soundtrack of my life

You're my favourite songs
Songs that make me dance around with joy
Feeling happy and elated
Alive in the moment without a past
Or a thought of any future

You're the sad slow songs
They give me feeling and emotion
Making me cry every so often
Giving me pain in the middle of my chest
But making me stronger all the same

You're the really good songs
Ones where I appreciate all the effort
The band worked hard to make their music
I like what they have done
The words and sounds at one

You're all the bad songs
Songs with lyrics making me cringe
Annoying in the simplest way
In a way that makes the song less bad
A way that makes it that much better

You're songs with meaningful lyrics
I listen very attentively
Intrigued at all the life in the words
Imagining the thoughts of the writer
Knowing it's all right and true

You're the soundtrack of my life

19.11.16

Comments

Popular Posts