2014 in Months



I'm turning sixteen this year, on December 18th and I'm so excited for it, so I've made this little wishlist for a few of the things that I would really love for my birthday this year.

I have really would like a new smart phone this year and have looked up a few to see what's out there and think I've found one that would be great. My mum for my sixteenth wanted to get me a ring which will be really cool - rings post. Also, I'd love some more new cds to add to my collection because there are a few albums that have come out recently which I'd love.

  1. designing skills
  2. indie, rock, pop, folk, electro, band CDs
  3. my style of clothes
  4. John Green books
  5. headphones
  6. wide minimalist ring
  7. new smart phone
  8. bigger geometric earrings
  9. chocolate


It's going to be my sixteenth birthday in December, which I'm so excited about and my mum wants to buy me a ring for it so I've been looking up all different kinds of rings to try and figure out which kind I'd like best.

My favourites


I really like all the rings in this post, but I think that I prefer the ones with different coloured metals in because they're a bit different and would go with anything because they are actually more than one colour even though they act as one ring together.

One of my favourite sets here is the knotted different metal ones, because I think the knots are really simple designs but still are a bit different and just lovely. I also really like the thicker ring with the cat shape; it was the only thicker shaped ring that I actually like and I think its quite different because of the specific shape and I like the simple cat face that's been put on the front.

My birthday


I really want all these different styles because I love them all so much so limiting my list is going to be very difficult. These are some of the ones I've found and pinned on my Jewellery board, so that my mum can find them easily. I think its definitely going to be a challenge picking just one for my sixteenth though.

Do you have any ideas for which kind of ring I should choose?



WAITING for December.
READING the Divergent series by Veronica Roth.
KNOWING I have to start working hard now for my GCSE's.

DRINKING cold tea by accident, not very nice.
LISTENING to Passenger.
OBSESSED with never missing the chart on a Sunday.
WASTING homework time not doing homework.
WEARING about ten jumpers at the moment.
BOOKMARKING loads of favourite Pinterest boards to look at.
PANICKING that I'll forget to make any Christmas cards.
HOPING that this winter isn't too cold,
NOTICING people's clothes and style.


I absolutely love shirts; they are probably my favourite item of clothing ever and I quite like clothes. They are great for so many different kinds of styles, go with everything and there are so many different types that all look so good. I love wearing shirts and buttoning them up right to the top to make it look great but kind smart at the same time.

I got a shorter kind of shirt this year and wore it loads; its goes with everything, which just what is so great about shirts. One theme I noticed in this group of shirts is the colour blue. Blue shirts just go with everything, especially a lighter colour blue because they even work with blue jeans. I'd love to own some of the shirts here because they all look gorgeous and I think would go with other clothes that I have.

Do you have a favourite type/ style of shirt?

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9


I did another post all about shirts the other day, which I thought was a great collection, so here's a second collection for you to admire. I especially love the red shirt in this group because it is so over sized and is a really lovely vibrant red colour too. You could wear it with anything I think, but it does look great here matched with the black top and shorts though.

The two matching shirts are pretty too with rounded collars and softer colours. Overall, I just really like shirts to wear with anything and whenever as they compliment all kinds of outfits and work no matter what the weather.

What is your favourite autumn shirt or shop for shirts?

images


I gave myself the challenge this half term to listen to as many different albums as possible, because I had to revise for a mock week of exams, that is happening afterwards, and I always like listening to music in the background.

Overall I think I have done quite well because I have managed to listen to 30 full different albums over the week. The albums included were and the order I listened to them:
  1. The Lumineers
  2. Of Monsters and Men - My Head is an Animal
  3. The Script
  4. Scouting For Girls - Greatest Hits
  5. Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More
  6. Amy MacDonald - This is the Life
  7. Mumford and Sons - Babel
  8. Two Door Cinema Club - Beacon
  9. Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
  10. Foster the People - Torches
  11. Sunshine on Leith 
  12. Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You
  13. Bastille - Bad Blood
  14. Bastille - All This Bad Blood
  15. Jake Bugg
  16. Paloma Faith - Do You Want the Truth Or Something Beautiful
  17. Maroon 5 - Overexposed
  18. The Wombats - A Guide to Love, Loss and Desperation
  19. Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (The Complete Confection)
  20. Mika - Life in Cartoon Motion
  21. The Wombats - This Modern Glitch
  22. Kate Nash - Made of Bricks
  23. Scouting for Girls - Everybody Wants to Be on TV
  24. Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams
  25. Jack Johnson - To the Sea
  26. Kate Nash - My Best Friend is You
  27. Lily Allen - Alright, Still...
  28. KT Tunstall - Eye to the Telescope
  29. KT Tunstall - Drastic Fantastic
  30. Radioactive (compilation)



ENJOYING loud music that everyone else objects to.
DOING way too much in my opinion.
WEARING my brand new pair of boyfriend jeans from Primark which I am so in love with, they are gorgeous.
OBSESSED with collecting all the issues of Outline Norwich.
READING Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell, which I recommend to anyone and everyone.
WISHING I had photographic memory (can they please invent that).
WAITING for Christmas and my sixteenth birthday, yay, so excited.
LISTENING to Kate Nash's two albums that I have.
BOOKMARKING everything on Pinterest that I haven't had time to look at.
FOLLOWING all the gigs coming up so I can make sure I remember them all.
WASTING time when I should be revising for my mocks in November.
NOTICING everyone.
KNOWING that revision is crucial for exam success, sadly.

image


I don't actually own a pair of dungarees myself but they are definitely on my wish list for the near future. I don't really know why but I just absolutely love dungarees: they look great with everything; create amazing unique styles; and suit anyone and any event.


My favourites


My favourite of all these pairs, is the pale denim pair at the top, because I love the colour, pockets, straps, baggy-ness and rolled up shorts-part... Basically they are perfect and I would hope that kind of pair would suit me or I'm stuffed.

I think they would really fit my own style and work with other clothes, shoes and accessories that I already have. The baggy, practical kind of look, I always like and I think its such a great basis for a style.

Why they are an all year round essential


Comfy

Go with everything

Usefully full of pockets

Variety of styles, shapes and patterns

Can be smart or casual

Fit my style

Don't restrict you from doing stuff

Which are your favourite pair?

pale denim | long demin | flowery | short dark | grey short



WISHING school was just that like tiny winy bit easier than it actually is
ENJOYING looking through all my new revision guides for exams (sarcasm)
WAITING for myself to save up and buy the 3,492 books that I absolutely need to to own and read
FOLLOWING, well I'm attempting not to be a sheep
LISTENING to Lorde's album Pure Heroine
OBSESSED with not a lot at the moment
BOOKMARKING sixth form and college websites and their prospectuses
NOTICING the little quirks and relationships of everyone around me
DRINKING more hot chocolate in the colder weather
KNOWING that I will need to remember everyone's birthdays this year
STARTING school...
WEARING my jeans again as its got colder
READING like the John Green books (so far, The Fault in Our Stars, Will Grayson Will Grayson and Looking For Alaska)
HOPING everything goes well




I wanted to share a few pins of hair up do's today that I've been really loving. I especially like the messy hair styles because they look really casual but still nice. I hope you like the images too.

It is the summer holidays now in England, so I hope that I'm going to be able to tie my hair up more to keep it out of the way and so that I don't over heat. These hair styles all look gorgeous and personally I don't think any would be that hard to pull off.


I really like the variations of low bun that look really easy to do and once my hair is slightly longer I hope that I will be able to do more and more of these lovely hair styles.

I also think that using lovely hair slides can really add to the hair style and give something extra like two of the photos here which I like.


These images I love because they all look really dark and beautiful because of that.

They are all very pretty and look messy which I think is always a fun way to have your hair. The top right one I really like because of the different plaited parts that lie over each other giving different layers, patterns and textures.

I already like to tie my hair in plaits and think that to do this would be a really good use of plaits as well.

Adding a hair band in as well like the other top picture I like because this can be really helpful for keeping hair out of the way but looks nice too

ONE 1 | 2 | 3 | 4      TWO 1 | 2 | 3 | 4      THREE 1 | 2 | 3 | 4      pinterest hair + beauty



OBSESSED with taking pictures whenever and wherever.
WISHING the holidays weren't about to end.
WEARING baggy trousers from the market in the warm weather.
KNOWING that I have to try really hard all this year and that its going to be tiring.
FOLLOWING really weird people on twitter.
LISTENING to the Wombats on repeat in car journeys.
ENJOYING relaxing at home before school.
NOTICING how the weather is already starting to change.
DRINKING squash in the mornings.
READING The Host by Stephanie Meyer (I recommend it).
STARTING to worry all over again about learning more for my gcse's and revising.
BOOKMARKING anything and everything.
HOPING that my birthday and christmas arrive really quickly.
WAITING for prom and the end of year eleven.

image

s


This year over the summer holidays, we went on holiday to the south of France, near Perpignan. It was such a beautiful place to be and we got to see loads of different things and enjoy the sun before going back to England and the rain.

This post has got my favourite pictures I snapped of the lovely old traditional French houses. I loved the colourful walls and shutters and thought they looked really amazing jumbled together so all the colours were clashing but in a nice way.


The little villages in land or beside the sea were filled with the houses with shutters and I couldn't stop taking pictures of them. I hope everyone else has had great summer holidays and are looking forward to going back to school.


We saw loads of different cars around France and on our journeys around the place. I loved looking at all the old cars like this one. I'd love to own a proper old car, because I just think that they look lovely. We also noticed that the cars came from all over the place because of their number plates which tell you where they come from. We became pretty obsessed with spotting all the different countries eventually and managed to spot loads. The countries we saw that cars came from included:

GB ( Great Britain )
L ( Luxembourg )
LT ( Lithuania )
B ( Belgium )
F ( France )
A ( Andorra )
E ( Spain )
CR ( Croatia )
CZ ( Czech Republic ) 
D ( Germany )
DK ( Denmark )
I ( Italy )
RO ( Romania )
PL ( Poland )
H ( Hungry )
P ( Portugal )
BG ( Bulgaria )
CH ( Switzerland )
SK ( Slovakia )
IRL ( Ireland )




DRINKING lemonade in the sun.
READING the twilight saga, whilst curled up in my arm chair.
STARTING to look at colleges and sixth forms, eek.
ENJOYING to the park with my friends.
WAITING to go on holiday to france.
KNOWING that the holidays will go too quickly.
FOLLOWING too many people on pinterest.
NOTICING people.
BOOKMARKING helpful blogs and websites.
WASTING time.
WISHING that I could have spent the whole weekend at Latitude 2014 and not just Saturday.
WEARING short high waist shorts and big baggy tops.
LISTENING to everything that Two Door Cinema Club has made.
HOPING that next school year will go well and my exams will be fine...
OBSESSED with listening to music in head phones at any possible moment.



This is a mixtape of all songs from bands that I have seen live and loved every single one... It's between February 2013 and September 2014. Listen to the mixtape here on 8tracks...


  1. Two Fingers - Jake Bugg
  2. Mountain Sound - Of Monsters And Men
  3. Some Nights - FUN.
  4. Grow Old With Me - Tom Odell
  5. What Would You Do - B▲STILLE
  6. Seven Nights Seven Days - The Fratellis
  7. You're Too Young - Lucy Spraggan
  8. Heart of Blue - Shannon Saunders
  9. She's So Lovely - Scouting For Girls
  10. Chocolate - The 1975
  11. Sweater Weather - The Neighborhood
  12. Boston Square - Deaf Havana
  13. Lost Generation - Rizzle Kicks
  14. I Still Believe - Frank Turner
  15. Wolf - First Aid Kit
  16. How Can You Swallow So Much Sleep - Bombay Bicycle Club
  17. Flaws - B▲STILLE
image


I went to Latitude 2014 on the Saturday of the weekend... it was my first ever festival. Its a smaller (!) festival in Suffolk which is supposed to be very alternative, creative and indie...

To be honest I think that's me in three words so this festival is pretty perfect. I got to see: Damon Albarn, First Aid Kit, Bombay Bicycle Club, Vaults, Ry X, Booker T. Jones, James Vincent McMorrow, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Slaves, Huw Stephens, Simon Amstell, Miles Jupp, Rob Beckett, Tommy Tiernan.

It was sooo amazing. I went with my dad and we arrived at about 11 am and left at 1 am! It was so fun and we got to see so many brilliant acts and displays and different things. It's such a creative festival, full of fairies and flowers and decorations.

Everything was decorated with something, including all the trees and tents and people!! I definitely would like to go back next year if that's possible, because it is also their 10th anniversary so they might do something special.











Listen - Two Door Cinema Club are pretty much my favourite band at the moment. One of my favourite songs is What You Know, which is the first song of theirs that I found on a compilation album that I bought called Radioactive. I've found a brilliant playlist on 8tracks, which is just filled with all their best tracks. You can listen to the playlist here. More music is on my music pinterest board.

Quote - "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities" from The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. This is such a brilliant book that really makes you think, so I recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it. This quote is one of my favourites, because of the part it plays in the story line and I believe that some infinities can be bigger than others. It just depends on the people who there that makes one infinity more worth it than others. More fabulous quotes from this book can be found on my quotes pinterest board.


Design - type with picture inside (june) This type of design is my favourite at the moment. I just love the way you can choose any type of pictures to put inside of the writing which really adds to the image and brings across the words and message, but also I like the way this can then replace any image that you would normally have put the text on to. It's more or less like back to front design and I think it's brilliant. Some more ideas of this can be found on my font pinterest board.

Wear - high waisted shorts. I bought a new grey pair of high waisted shorts from h and m the other day and really love them. I found the idea loads on pinterest and have added some images to my fashion pinterest board. I think they can look good with shorter tops, shirts, leggings, tucked in tops, tight tops; and in every circumstance they seem to work, which I think is great.

Obsession - The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I've already read this book twice and am going to see the film tonight. I am sooo excited and am very almost definitely going to cry. The book really touched me and I was basically sobbing by the time I got to the end through both readings. I really hope the film lives up to the book, although I've already listened to the sound track and am in love with the artist and song choices that have been made. I am sooo obsessed with this, like too much.



Loving messy hair at the moment, I just love the way a picture doesn't, or even your own image, have to be perfect to still look beautiful. These images stood out most to me on Pinterest and really display the message of messy but lovely looking hair.

I think my favourite picture is the one of the blond girl with her hair caught on the hedge, because it really isn't how you plan to make a photo look 'perfect' but this photo has certainly turned out beautifully.

Also, I would love to have hair like the girl because I have short-ish blond-ish hair and am attempting to grow it out to look nice, but so far the effect is not as good as I had hoped - bit more growing to do first I think.

You can find more pictures of 'perfect' hair on my Pinterest board dedicated to just that. I had fun picking out the best images and putting them together in this little collage and I hope you love the images just as much as me.

What is your favourite hair style?



I wasn't really sure what to share for this FAVOURITES post today, so I was looking through my Pinterest and realised how many pictures to do with cafes and coffee I cam across, so I thought I talk about them. I am in love with these pictures, I have a whole board on Pinterest dedicated to pictures just like these, Beautiful.

At the moment I am really liking photos that are taken straight from above, which is why I like a lot of these pictures. I also just really like the idea of a perfect scene with a cup of coffee (or tea), sitting thinking about stuff and just relaxing: I really like that thought. So that is why I decided to share these with you.

Do you have any favourite pins you want to share?



I am really liking brogues and oxfords at the moment, because I think that they are the sort of shoe accessory that will go with pretty much any outfit, but still look great.


My favourites


Some of the designs in this picture I particularly liked. I especially love the grey and yellow pair in the corner, because I just think that they look adorable and add a little pop of colour to the outfit. I also really like the mint coloured ones in the top line, because they are quite subtle but really different and stylish too.

Why they are the best smart-casual shoes


Go with everything:
They will go with any kind of outfit at all: be it a dress, skirt, shorts or jeans, oxfords and brogues will definitely fit the style.

Not too casual:
They are smart enough to wear to school or work and any smart dressing event. They are a really good option if you're not into wearing heals, but still want something smart and stylish.

Styles, colours and patterns:
They come in loads of different colours, styles and patterns, so you're sure to never wear the same pair as someone else and they can add a little bit of quirk to your outfit.

Comfortable:
They're definitely one of the comfiest styles of shoes. You can walk a long way in them and not feel like your shoes are wearing your feet out.

Not too smart:
They are casual enough to simply wear to go shopping or hang out with your friends and they won't stand out as though you've made an extra effort.

Which ones are your favourite?

Are there any places you'd recommend buying some?

1 | 2: Etsy | 3: Nasty Gal | 4: The Gifts of Life | 5: Sole Society | 6: Cole Haan | 7: ASOS | 8: Keep


These three quotes are my favourite quotes at the moment, because they really inspire positivity, which I think is really important. You should always have a positive vibe about you and to do this your best bet would be to hang around positive people and surround yourselves with a positive environment.

I haven't been doing this recently and it has really affected my mood and how I feel, so I would definitely advise you to be positive. I also really like the squiggly fonts that were used to make these pictures and I think they are really pretty.

Find more quotes here - WORDS

maybe | positivity | be the best you can be



I am really into vinyl and new albums at the moment since I got given an old record player, which I am having restored.


When it is restored though, I am going to be buying a lot of vinyl and thought I'd share some of the vinyl albums I really want to buy, because I am just in love with these bands and their music. At the moment my favourite band is B▲STILLE and I already own their album on CD, but I really want to own it on vinyl as well, because I think it would be nice to frame the cover and be able to play the alum. This applies to most of the other albums on list, although some of them I really want to get, because I think the design and look of the vinyl albums have turned out nicer than some of the CD albums and I am really into CD and vinyl cover designs as well.
  1. Kodaline - In A Perfect World
  2. Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More
  3. Arctic Monkeys - AM
  4. B▲STILLE - Bad Blood
  5. Haim - Days Are Gone
  6. CHVRCHES - The Bones Of What You Believe
  7. Daughter - If You Leave
  8. Of Monsters And Men - My Head Is An Animal
  9. Lorde - Pure Heroine
kodaline | m & s | am | B▲STILLE | haim | CHVRCHES | daughter | OMAM | lorde


I decided that I couldn't fit all of the vinyl albums I wanted on to one post so I decided to split it into two and show all of the albums. These ones are less of a priority, but a lot of these albums I would like, because they look great in vinyl and I would just quite like to own them, because I sort of know the artist and think they sound interesting.

This is why it isn't essential that I get all these ones. I do love Coldplay, London Grammar, Arctic Monkeys, Foster the People, and FUN. The others I am just more interested in and I'd really love the 'perks of being a wallflower album, because I read the book and thought it was absolutely brilliant and want to see what tracks they have made to fit with it.
  1. Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
  2. London Grammar - If You Wait
  3. Arctic Monkeys - Suck It And See
  4. The Perks Of Being A Wallflower Soundtrack
  5. Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
  6. Foster The People - Torches
  7. FUN. - Some Nights
  8. Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History
  9. Ellie Goulding - Halcyon


Today, I thought I would share some of my general favourites at the moment which is like a summary of what I am loving.

Blog post - This post by Allyssa Barnes is one of my favourites, because I really like the idea of studying a character in lots of different fonts. I'm also just in love with the ampersand and really like the way it changes with different fonts.

Listen - Bastille are like my absolute favourite band at the moment; I have the deluxe version of Bad Blood and I got to see them live in October, which was probably the best gig I have ever seen. They are also generally on repeat on my phone.

Quote - "What's stopping you?" is my favourite quote at the moment; I think it is very true, because if there's nothing stopping you from doing something that you really want to do, then why aren't you doing it. I have decided to think of this quote when I get any opportunity to do something, because why shouldn't I do it.


Design - I really like this geometric font I found and I'm really liking lots of different geometric fonts I have found. I like the way they can be shaped really simply but uniquely to  look amazing.

Wear - I really love baggy tops, no matter what colour or pattern, if its really baggy I will probably love it. I really like to tuck baggy tops into tight jeans as well or wear them underneath shirts, because I just really think it works.

Obsession - I am really loving records, vinyl and record covers and I recently got given a record player, so I thought these little vinyl earrings would be a great idea to go with my obsession of vinyl.

post | listen | quote | design | wear | obsession

FONTS



I have found a lot of really nice handwritten and scribbled fonts recently and I thought that I could share them with you today. I really like the way these fonts can be applied to the way you design and what the final design looks like and make something that looks brilliant.

I think that designing something with a sans serif or serif font and a scribbled font as well really works and is effective, because it's simple, but quirky and not boring. Above are some of my favourite messy fonts, that I found on Pinterest; I have a whole board of interesting fonts on there too.

hazel | february | mix | fabulous | wild



I love these fonts which I found on Pinterest the other day. I like the fact the words make the font look even better and develop it more.

Like in the fourth picture, which says around, I love the fact the designer has used the word to create a pattern and design and adapted the meaning of the word to help with that too. I love the quote on the first picture, I think its a really funny and quirky message which we should all listen to because even though we may seem weird or different to someone else, its simply because everyone is different and unique.

The font on the second picture I wish I owned because I love the fact its a very plain normal font but because the sizing and straightness of the letters has been changed it looks different and interesting.

You could check out more of my favourite fonts or quotes on Pinterest if you want.

limited | more me  | fear | around


Today's post is all about rounded fonts. I found some brilliant examples of them, which I've put in this image, from Pinterest.

I think they are so diverse because they will work in pretty much any situation. Also, they look really simple and beautiful, but are actually all very unique and have their own little quirks and perks, which makes them all really special.

I love the way, in the picture of the numbers above, the rounded font has enabled all of the numbers to slot into place with each other smoothly like a jigsaw. I think that it has a great effect, because there is the seamless positioning of the numbers together that all fit and definitely don't look perfect but still look brilliant.

Another of my favourites on here is the image which says "black robot", because it is a different style of rounded font with the letters like blobs on the page and they are almost cut out of the black shape, which brings in another factor that changes the effect it has. I think it really clever that the letter have all been filled in so the O for example, doesn't have a gap in the middle, but is filled in completely.

I hope you love all of these different fonts as much as me and I'd love to see rounded fonts incorporated in more design work as well. And be sure to check out my Fonts board on Pinterest for more...

vivana | roma | black robot | glasses | ab | numbers


I am in love with typewriters + record players; I just had to get that out there. Every time I go into the antiques market near where I live, I am just straight over to them and looking for the price tag. I don't own any at the moment, but hopefully I'll have a record player or typewriter when I own my own house.

I just think it would be sooo cool: to be able to type out all your letters on a typewriter and  be listening to old or new records in the background on a record player. That is simply what my life will be, because, well, what else would I be doing with myself.


At the moment, I really have a thing for vintage stuff, especially from the 20's up to the 50's, I just like the music, clothes, houses, furniture, everything. So I think my obsession with typewriters + record players comes from that too.

Check out some more images and inspiration to do with typewriters - go here
For more on record players, vinyl + music - go here

images - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Popular Posts