2015 in Months


READING We Were Liars by E Lockhart (I recommend this to everyone has such an amazing twist).
THINKING about prom and being ready for it.
LISTENING to Years & Years on repeat all the time, they need to release an album.
KNOWING that this year will rush by so quickly.
OBSESSED with listening to music all of the time everywhere.
SEEING loads of bands live in the coming spring.
WEARING my new big baggy shirt all the time.
WISHING that GCSE's were here already so they could be over and done with.
WATCHING The Voice this spring to find more stars.
NOTICING the small things.
FINDING new music magazines - DIY mag and Wonderland mag - which are so great.
WRITING English coursework.
LOVING my new phone (LG L90).
FAVOURITING so many great playlists on 8tracks.



READING Ketchup Clouds by Annabelle Pitcher
WATCHING Call the Midwife
WORRYING about whether I'll be ready for revising
ENJOYING half term
LIKING my new prom dress which I've bought now
WEARING my new (school) shoes, which have cute platform-ish soles
LISTENING to Fall Out Boy's new album American Psycho / American Beauty
WRITING plans for blog post ideas
OBSESSED with playing cd's too loudly
THINKING about gcse's
LOVING music
EATING more Christmas chocolate that's left over
HOPING that everything goes well
DOING taster sessions for sixth forms
FOLLOWING everyone

image



There are loads of new albums scheduled to come out this year, loads of which I'm really excited about. Whether that's upcoming debuts or second, third or fourth albums.

I'm really excited and can't wait to own some of these new albums for myself, but meanwhile I'm just going to have to make a list and start waiting. Some of myself new favourite bands and some of the artists I have always loved.

One of my special favourites I'm looking forward to is The Wombats new third album, which should be great, I've got both their other albums and am so excited for this one. Also, Circa Waves debut as they may be my favourite band at the moment and I love all their stuff.

The Wombats - Glitterbug (6th April)
Circa Waves - Young Chasers (30th March)
Years & Years
Kodaline - Coming up for Air
Imagine dragons - Smoke and Mirrors
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday
AWOLNATION - Run
Laura Marling - Short Movie
Marina and the Diamonds - Froot
Mumford & Sons - Wilder Mind
CHVRCHES
Coldplay - A Head full of Dreams
Haim
Lana Del Rey - Honeymoon
Passion Pit - Kindred



READING not enough of If I Stay - Gayle Forman.
LISTENING to Circa Waves new album on repeat.
STRESSING about upcoming exams a lot.
STRUGGLING to find enough time to blog properly (apologies).
ENJOYING the long awaited Easter break.
FINDING loads of new bands to listen to all the time.
OBSESSED with procrastination (it's bad).
WEARING my headphones every day wherever I go.
WATCHING Friends all the time, I love it.
THINKING about exams.
WRITING an application to be a literature festival reporter in the summer.
PLAYING football more often at the park.



LISTENING to The xx's album over and over.
PANICKING about exams in a weeks time.
ENJOYING achieving at the moment.
WORRYING about getting good grades.
EXCITED for the massive summer holiday.
READY for a new school.





STARTING all of my exams now - eek.
PLAYING alt-J - This is All Yours.
GETTING into Radio One's Big Weekend on the Sunday.
BUYING some black patent t bar shoes for prom.
REVISING all the time.
WAITING to finish exams.
ATTEMPTING to enjoy a holiday and try and revise.
DOING a training day for the FLY UEA media team.

image


On Sunday the 24th May, I got to go to Radio One's Big Weekend 2015 in Norwich. It was so good. I got to see James Bay, George Ezra, Sigma, Ella Eyre, Ella Henderson, Alt-J, Jamie T, Taylor Swift and the Foo Fighters.

They were all amazing acts to see and I'm so happy I was able to go, especially as it is the second festival I've ever been to. Last year, I got to go to Latitude as my first festival and hopefully this year I will get to go again.







my own images


Just wanted to share with you today some complete essentials for a workspace and these images of them which I really like.

A calendar of course is very crucial so that every deadline is met and nothing is forgotten. You can also buy calendars that look really interesting or nice too, so it doesn't have to be a cheap and bad aesthetic one.

Lamps, as I always get reminded, need to be on when it gets too dark in the room, so buying one of these would be good and means you can keep working even when it does get dark. I really like this black lamp because I think it looks minimal and would suit any work space.

Nobody should forget a desk. You can buy so many different kinds of desks: with or without drawers, metal or wood, colours or not. I personal prefer a simple desk made of wood with drawers so that I can keep everything organised.

And last but not least a giant pin board. This is something that I really want to own when I live in my own home. I think they are brilliant for sorting out ideas and putting notes on but also good just for putting up pictures and posters too.


calendar | lamp | desk | pinboard

image


A collection of everything that I want in my dream work space... This literally is a extremely shortened list of all the little things I would love to create a home for in my perfect workspace (dream workspace post), including all the furniture and stationary and extras that I want to have.

I completely love the little white file cabinet which I found on Poppin ( an amazing stationary and office shop ). I think it would be great in a white painted office, which had all sorts of other pops of colour.

I am quite obsessed with vintage items at the moment, so the light pink typewriter would be such a gorgeous accessory, which I might use occasionally (?) and the mint blue telephone, because actual telephones have more or less gone out of fashion, apart from for me...

There are loads of different notebooks that I would completely love to own; I just love the designs on some of the that all look great, but are generally very subtle.

The wires and leads I thought were such a good idea from a shop called ban.do, because my chargers and things always end up completely tangled which is really annoying and they are just black, which is boring.

Pin boards I have loved forever and I especially liked these little round ones, because they are really different and give a little pop of colour too.

And of course those pencils, well you can't live without pencils in your office and especially these ones.


image | workspace item images


I have been looking through my Offices and Studios Pinterest board recently for ideas of things I could buy for my work space, because I keep adapting it and changing it depending on what I feel like at the time. I found loads of gorgeous dream work spaces, which I just loved.

And thought I could share them with you, because I am a bit obsessed. I really like the lamps in some of these offices and think that they are so simple, but perfect. Also, I love the white walls and then really colourful, popping table and stationary; I just think that it works really well.

images - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9


ENJOYING the beautiful new sunshine.
WEARING all my favourite summer clothes at last.
OBSESSED with wearing my short dungarees.
FINISHING high school on the sixteenth of June at last.
DOING my last exam - which was pretty horrible.
HELPING my mum with her childminding work.
READY to make lots more blog posts.
EXCITED for results day in August.
WAITING to go to France in the summer holidays - yay.
LISTENING to You Me At Six who are my favourite band at the moment.
EATING my first ice cream of the summer.
BEING too warm to be able to do anything.



OBSESSED with the summer sunshine.
HAPPY that I got the chance to go to Latitude Weekend Festival.
LISTENING to Twenty One Pilots new album, Blurryface, on repeat.
LOVING my new Friends top with Central Park written on.
EXCITED to be going on holiday to France.
LOOKING FORWARD to a new sixth form very very soon.
EATING lots of ice cream because it is warm.
PACKING my bags to go on holiday.
FITTING almost my whole bedroom into a few bags and holdall.
FORGETTING to write blog posts and rushing them a little bit.
WORRIED a tiny bit about my GCSE results which I get on the 20th August.

image



I just bought my new pair of sunglasses for this year and I really really love them so it has inspired me to look up some of my other favourite looking sunglasses (and outfits which go well with them).

The perfectly round pairs of sunglasses in the picture are probably my favourite. It is a very vintage retro style and has been brought back but really works well. Annoyingly though, that style of sunglasses doesn't really suit me, but I do wish it did because they are definitely my favourite. The metal frames of some of them look flashy and make then stand out more compared to the simple black pairs.

The heart sunglasses simply look cool and funny for if you were going out to have fun somewhere. I like the thick white frames that this pair has too as they make the sunglasses extra big and exaggerated. The shirt that the girl in the first picture is wearing, I really like, its really baggy and summery which I like.

My favourite outfit in the pictures though is definitely the one with the girl who is wearing a stripy top, black tight jeans and has lovely blond hair pulled into a top knot. I think it's such a nice outfit and something I'd like to try at some point too.

Hope you've all picked out your sunglasses for the summer as the weather begins to get even warmer too.


Where are you buying your sunglasses this summer?

one | two | three | four | five | six


I got to go to Latitude, a festival in Suffolk, from Friday to Sunday this year, which I went to for the day last year (Latitude 2014).

Me and my dad camped there for the two nights and it was so amazing to see all the different acts and experience the whole thing. I managed to squeeze into the full crowds of Alt J, Catfish and the Bottlemen, and Years & Years on my own. I enjoyed loads of the comedians, especially Joe Lycett, . Some of my other favourite smaller bands were Clean Cut Kid and Seafret who were both in the DIY Alcove Arena.

I saw some great dancers from the BBC Young Dancer Of The Year Awards on the Lake Stage. I met up with my friends and got to see some acts with them and to meet an old friend from first school. Overall, I had the best time ever and got to have loads of fun seeing and enjoying everything.





SAD we had to come home to the rainy uk.
LOVED the holiday we had in France so much.
WANT to go back to Barcelona because it is officially my favourite city ever.
EATING too many baguettes.
DRINKING lots of cold lemonade.
WEARING all my favourite summer clothes so that I got a lovely tan.

image


While in France for the summer holidays, we listened to loads of songs on the radio. Some are French songs and other are English ones that were being played.

I really loved our holiday to France, especially as we went to Barcelona for a few days as well which was really amazing. I'm already missing the warm weather, sunshine and the ability to lie on a beach in a bikini.

So I thought I'd show you all the songs we listened to while away, to remind me of the holidays.
  1. Rachel Platten - Fight Song
  2. Armin Van Buuren - Another You
  3. Josef Salvat - Une Autre Saison
  4. Maitre Gims - Est-ce que tu m'aimes?
  5. Dieselle - DJ
  6. Felix Jaehn and Jasmine Thompson - Ain't Nobody (Loves Me Better)
  7. Martin Solveig and GTA - Intoxicated
  8. Rebel - Music
  9. Lost Frequencies - Reality
  10. Maitre Gims - Laissez Passez
  11. Louane - Jour Un
  12. Cats On Trees and Calogero - Jimmy
  13. Frero Delavega - Le Chant des Sirenes
  14. Sindy (La Fouine) - Sans Rancune
  15. Alvaro Soler - El Mismo Sol
  16. Keen'v - Dis-Moi Oui
  17. Soprano - Cosmo
  18. Nicky Jam and Enrique Iglesias - El Perdon
  19. Magic System - Sweet Fanta Diallo
image of the sagrada familia in barcelona


STARTING sixth form.
MEETING new people.
TRAVELLING a new way.
WORKING all of the time.
DOING a levels.
LEARNING lots of new things in lessons.
HAVING fun.
WEARING my denim jacket all the time.
LETTING my doc martens injure my feet.



I really like the idea of getting a small tattoo somewhere that's discrete, but that symbolises something for me. I've found lots of ideas on Pinterest and made a board for them. I really like these small ones on the wrist because they are really discrete but also very pretty and interesting. I like the geometric one of triangles a lot because it is on both wrists. I like the triple dot one as well because it could symbolise punctuation but also is very discrete.


These ones I do really like, they're really simple shapes but really effective as discrete tattoos. I like the stars one because I think put a tattoo behind your ear is a cool idea as it means it isn't always on show but does add a little something if you had short hair or put your hair in an updo.

What tattoo would you want to get or have you got?

image one | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 image two | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | tiny tattoos part one


BEING at sixth form is so cool.
WATCHING the new series of Doctor Who.
RUNNING out of time which is annoying.
SEEING the weather gradually get worse.
WEARING all of my winter clothes already.
GETTING tired very easily.
GOING to parents evening and getting told great things.
ACHIEVING amazing grades after the first half term.
SETTLING in well to sixth form life.
EATING anything that will heat me up inside.

image


Happy Halloween!

Hope everyone has got lots of treats and not tricks and that you all dressed up and watched some scary films.

I've watched probably too many scary films in my time and wouldn't recommend many of them to you, as I do regret watching them. But one thing I do think is cool, are all the kids movies which are scary or centred around halloween because you can guarantee they won't be too scary but will definitely still be fun.

I've compiled a list below of some of my favourite children friendly scary films and some other ones which I really want to watch too.

Coraline       The Corpse Bride       Frankenweenie       Ghost Busters       Casper       Gremlins
Monster House       Hotel Transylvania       Paranorman       Monsters Inc       The Witches


DRINKING lots of warm hot chocolate.
HELPING out with the sixth form open evenings.
BEING ill with a sore throat (not nice).
DOING more practise exams.
GETTING ready for christmas.
THINKING about making christmas cards.
EXCITED for my birthday and christmas next month.
FINDING a levels hard (still).
CELEBRATING 6 months with my boyfriend on the 12th.

image


I am always coming across so many photographers websites and they are all so well designed and contain such good pictures. I really like just scrolling through them and seeing the different kinds of pictures they take and the work they have done.

I've collected here all the photographers that I've come across recently to show off some of their lovely work. I also really love the website and blog designs and seeing as I can't go on websites that I despise the design of, I find this quite important.

  1. Michael Newsted
  2. Yellows
  3. Emily Knecht
  4. Mary Costa
  5. Emma Case
  6. Studio One
  7. Oh Pioneer
  8. Wilderland
  9. Mary Claire
  10. Justin Hackworth
  11. The Photographer and the Musician
  12. Shane Yuhas
  13. Bridget Knight
  14. Ashley Ann
  15. Zeke
  16. Alex Beadon
  17. Media Novak
  18. Birds of a Feather
  19. Andi Sapey
  20. Death to Stock

So it's very very almost my birthday and I'm turning seventeen which is really exciting. I'm especially excited because for my birthday I'm going to be getting a fjallraven kanken rucksack. They are so perfect and just look so good; I've wanted one for quite a while now.

I have also been considering getting a second piercing on my ear lobes in the new year. There are so many cute tiny earrings that I think would look so good as a little pair on my ears. So today I thought I'd show you all some of the pictures of earrings that I have found recently and am really loving.


I really love all the minimal styles and the simple geometric designs that give such amazing looking earrings without showing anything off or standing out too much. I love how people can put together different sets of earrings that just work together too. It's so nice to see how that work with different people and different styles.

I find the idea of the chain dangling earring really interesting as well. The way it isn't even more than one earring but it gives an illusion of being something big and showy but also different without having much substance, which is also what I love about the earrings which are just straight lines.


image one | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4           image two | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4


Merry Christmas everyone!

Hope everyone has started to get into the holiday spirit and has begun to relax. I'm trying to make myself slow down a little bit and stop doing quite as much school work over the holidays.

I'm really looking forward to Christmas and giving and receiving presents (yay). I gave out my Christmas cards last week so that was the start of me getting into the spirit. We also now have our Christmas tree up and have watching a Christmas movie.

I'm a little disappointed we won't be having any snow this year but that's also quite good because it has been pretty warm which is new for us this time of year. I hope everyone has loads of fun over the holidays and does lots of celebrating and relaxing.

Popular Posts