Favourites of 2016


2016 has been a great year for my blog and me. I've developed lots of different opinions and grown as a person and then turned into an 18 year old person, which is crazy. I can't wait for another year even though I know it will be difficult because I have my real A levels next year.


I hope everyone is having lovely Christmas breaks and enjoying themselves.

Have a happy new year.

And to keep you updated here are some of my favourite things from this year.
  1. Going on holiday to the Alps, France, and Spain in the summer.
  2. Going to Latitude 2016.
  3. Receiving uni offers from York, Warwick, UEA, Lincoln.
  4. Celebrating a year with my boyfriend.
  5. Doing AS Maths exams in the summer.
  6. Going to Wales in February, Easter, and Summer.
  7. Seeing some amazing gigs - Sundara Karma, The Hunna, Twin Atlantic, Walking on Cars, The Fratellis, Courteeners, Clean Cut Kid, Sunset Sons, Airways, Nothing But Thieves, Wolf Alice, Fickle Friends, Gabrielle Aplin, Martha Reeves and the Vandellas, and the Kooks.
  8. Applying to university for Psychology.
  9. Meeting new people.
  10. Celebrating lots of birthdays.
  11. Developing some more confidence and independence.
  12. Maths AS level results (A's in Stats, Core 1 and 2).
  13. Reading some different books like Quiet by Susan Cain, and The Element by Ken Robinson.
  14. Visiting universities on open days.
  15. Starting as a leader at my local rainbow group.
  16. Volunteering at the science festival in my city.
  17. Finding some amazing creatives, artists, and poets.
  18. Lots of revision.
  19. Taking a couple more risks.
  20. Watching Glee, ER, Sherlock, The Goldbergs, Strictly, Doctor Who...
  21. Turning 18 - OMG OMG.
  22. Buying my first alcoholic drink.
  23. Having some lovely times with family like Christmas and holidays.
  24. Making good friends.
  25. Visiting Wales again between Christmas and new year.
  26. Staying up watching ER and Sherlock till midnight on new years eve.
And because 2016 has been such a mixed year, I thought I'd add a list of things that happened which are significant or not things that I want to celebrate.
  1. The UK voted in a referendum to leave the European Union.
  2. Trump was voted as the president elect in the US.
  3. Ebola epidemic.
  4. We lost many famous faces like David Bowie, Carrie Fisher, Alan Rickman, and many more.
  5. The Conservatives won a majority in the UK election.
  6. Summer Olympics in Rio, Brazil.
  7. Rise in right wing politics in Europe.

Popular Posts